Wishing to participate in your first retail wine tasting event and aren’t quite sure what to expect? These events are meant to be FUN and informative while allowing you to taste and purchase great wines at great prices. Let me explain to you how our wine tasting events work
Friday, April 19, 2013 6:30pm - 8:30pm
1. When you arrive for the event, you will be greeted in our lobby and welcomed with a pen and book listing all the wines being presented with corresponding table numbers and pricing. You will receive only one wine glass for the evening. Water pitchers will be located on each table if you wish to rinse your glass at any time. Pour water into your glass, swirl, and dump into spit/dump buckets also on each table.
2. Note the wines that you enjoyed while tasting them so you don’t forgot them later in the evening. There will be a retail sheet at each table to select quantities of your purchase.
3. *******You will receive $25.00 credit towards your wine purchase.
4. There will be a wine expert/educator pouring at each table. You don’t pour your own wine; they will pour it for you. Don’t be shy about asking questions, they will be happy to converse with you. Each table will have a theme--wines from Oregon, Brunello’s, Russian River wines, Austrian wines, etc. This will help you find favorites, or perhaps unique wines you haven’t had the opportunity to taste.
5. Wear dark colored clothing, if possible. You or someone else may accidently spill or splash, which is less likely to be seen if wearing darker clothing. White is usually not a good choice, however, you may choose to take the challenge of wearing white while tasting over 60+ wines and upon leaving, not show a trace of evidence that you have been to a tasting event--except for your fabulous mood and a little discoloration of the teeth from the rich, intense red wines.
6. Enjoy the light Hors D’ Oeuvres in the center of the room including cheese, bread, fruit, etc. Please remember to eat while tasting.
7. Please know you can sip or spit (yes, that’s right, you may spit the wine into a wine bucket on each table. You might be surprised if you sip some and spit some, you will be able to conquer tasting more of the wines. Spitting is encouraged! )
8. I will be roaming the room in case you have any questions, and if you wish, you may hand me your orders as well.
9. Orders will be placed the following day and wines may take three days to arrive. I will call you when your order arrives and you may pick it up at your convenience. We will need credit card information and phone numbers/email addresses prior to placing the order, and this information can be left directly with me. When you are notified that your wine has arrived, come into the Inn and let the restaurant manager or myself know that you are here to pick up retail wine. Don’t worry, we will carry your order out to your car for you.
10. The most important thing is to bring your thirst for wines of all kinds.
Call us at 908-766-0002 to reserve your reservation at $50.00 per person which includes $25.00 credit towards the purchase of wines that evening. Phone numbers will be taken as well and if you wish to receive our newsletters with upcoming events your email address may be submitted.
Please do not hesitate to call me directly with any questions at 908-766-7300 x147. I look forward to seeing you! Click here for more information.